National Recognition Program for Schools: providing in-school support for students living with diabetes.
- Recognize and reward schools that undertake sustained implementation of essential In-School Support programs for students living with diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2).
- Motivate schools to take a broad view of the diabetes pandemic including proactive initiatives to raise general awareness and support prevention of youth-onset Type 2 diabetes and complications in Type 1 and Type 2.
- Encourage schools to help improve insights regarding the prevalence of youth-onset diabetes across Canada.
What happens next?
- We will send a detailed Application Form to the school Principal.
- On receipt of a completed Award Application Form, the SFBLF Assessment Committee will review the information provided and make a decision regarding an award for the In-School Support Program for students living with diabetes.
- The Principal will be advised of the Committee’s decision within 60 days; as will all nominators for the school.
Thank you for submitting your nomination.