The Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors. We value our donors’ trust and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be open and accountable in our treatment of the Personal Information that you choose to share with us. We do not trade, rent or sell the names of our valued supporters.
“Personal Information” is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information includes whether an individual has donated to the Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation, how much has been donated and an individual’s private contact information.
- We are accountable for your Personal Information.
* We keep the Personal Information that you provide to us in strict confidence.
* All volunteers and employees are required to sign confidentiality agreements and safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not accessed, disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered.
* We also take measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent its being lost or destroyed. Individuals may request access to their personal information at any time to ensure that it is correct and current.
- We collect, use and disclose personal information for the purposes that we identify to you.
* When the Foundation collects Personal Information directly from individuals, the Foundation identifies the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time of collection. These purposes include: fundraising, administration of donations, providing information about the activities of the Foundation, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and to ask for support in our mission.
- We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information.
* We collect, use or disclose your Personal Information with your permission. Your permission may be expressed orally, in writing or may be implied, and you may give it to us orally, electronically or in writing. You may limit or opt-out of future contact by the Foundation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Donor Inquiries, Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation, PO Box 137, Alliston, ON, L9R 1T9.
- We limit the collection of your personal information.
* We limit the collection of Personal Information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
* Personal Information will be collected only by fair and lawful means.
- We limit the use, disclosure and retention of Personal Information.
* Personal Information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with consent or as required by law. Personal Information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. The Foundation does not trade, rent or sell any Personal Information to third parties.
* The Foundation’s web pages contain online links that allow visitors to make a donation. The personal and credit card information provided is used only to process these donations. The security and privacy policies of this third party are available at the site accessed by clicking on the “Donate Now” button.
- Accuracy of Personal Information.
* We rely on our donors to provide us with accurate Personal Information. To change or modify any Personal Information previously provided to the Foundation, write to us at: Donor Inquiries, Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation, PO Box 137, Alliston, ON, L9R 1T9.
- We safeguard your Personal Information.
* Personal Information is protected with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- We are open about our privacy practices.
- We allow you to access your Personal Information.
* You may ask us whether we hold any personal information about you. You can see that information and ensure that it’s accurate by contacting the Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation, PO Box 137, Alliston, ON, L9R 1T9
- Compliance with our privacy practices.
* We will investigate all complaints. If a complaint identifies a gap in compliance, we will take appropriate steps to remedy the situation, including changing our policies and practices if necessary.
If you wish to limit or opt-out of future contact by the Foundation, please write to us at: Donor Inquiries, Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation, PO Box 137, Alliston, ON, L9R 1T9 .