The material provided on this site is intended for educational and informational purposes only.
The information on the Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation site is provided with the understanding that the Foundation is not engaged in rendering medical service or advice.
Information in text files, messages or articles on this site cannot replace consultations with qualified health-care professionals to meet your individual medical needs.
Material copyrighted by the Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation is for personal use only. The reprinting, or electronic reproduction of any document in part or in its entirety, is prohibited unless prior written consent is obtained from the Foundation.
We try to make our Site contents reliable, but inaccuracies may occur. Therefore, regardless of anything else on the Site or in these Terms:
1. The use of the Site is at your own risk and is provided to you “as is”; and
2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our related parties disclaim all warranties regarding the site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages due to: statements, errors or omissions in the site; content infringing any third party’s rights; viruses that may be transmitted to your computer; linking to any other site or its nature or contents; or any other matter regarding this Site and your use of it.
By using this Site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our related parties from all damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable lawyer’s fees and costs, arising out of any of the following:
1. Any claims for infringement of intellectual property rights, libel, defamation relating to any materials you send to the Site;
2. Any activity relating to your internet account, including negligent or wrongful conduct by you or anyone using the site through your internet account;
3. Your breach of any provision of these terms; and
4. Any other matter regarding this Site and your use of it.
We are committed to following all rules and regulations regarding tax receipting set out by the Canadian tax authority, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Your donation is appreciated. All donations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
This Site may contain links to other web sites that we do not own or operate. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies. Downloading material from certain sites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your system. You should take notice when you leave this Site and read the privacy policies and terms of these other sites. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our sites (including those linked to through an email).
We control and operate the Site from Alliston, Ontario, Canada (regardless of where hosting servers are located). All matters relating to the Site are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. You agree that jurisdiction and venue for any legal proceeding relating to the Site shall be in appropriate courts located in the Province of Ontario. We do not warrant or imply that the Site or materials on it are appropriate for use outside Canada.
We encourage sites to link to bantinglegacy.ca.
Linking to bantinglegacy.ca:
We kindly request that:
1. you notify us by email of your intent to link to our homepage, or specific subpage.
2. text links reference our website as ‘Sir Frederick Banting Legacy Foundation’. Use of our logo is not permitted without express consent.
3. you do not place or phrase links in any manner that implies endorsement or approval of your website / product / service.
Placing your link on our website:
Where content is deemed appropriate, we will, at our discretion, place links to external websites on bantinglegacy.ca. In general, we only link to government or not-for-profit websites. Requests to link to commercial websites are generally declined but may occur as part of our donor recognition protocols.